Mongolia is a country that has not been explored by many travelers, but there are still tons of places to visit and places you can experience. In this article, we’ll be discussing the best place to visit in Mongolia for some unique experiences.
Benefits of Traveling To Mongolia
Mongolia is a fascinating country with an abundance of history and culture. The country is also home to some of the most stunning landscapes in the world, including the Gobi Desert, the Altai Mountains, and Lake Khovsgol. Here are five reasons why traveling to Mongolia is a great investment:
1. The Gobi Desert: This vast desert is one of Mongolia’s most iconic attractions and it’s easy to see why. The Gobi Desert stretches for more than 2,000 miles and contains some of the world’s most spectacular scenery, including sand dunes, steppes, and vast expanses of nothing but sky.
If you want to experience true wilderness without having to leave civilization behind, the Gobi Desert is the place for you.
2. The Altai Mountains:
Located in central Mongolia, the Altai Mountains are one of Asia’s highest mountain ranges and they offer an incredible view from almost anywhere in the country.
With peaks reaching over 12,000 feet high, these mountains are a majestic sight whether you’re climbing them or simply taking in their awe-inspiring view from afar.
3. Lake Khovsgol:
One of Mongolia’s most beautiful lakes, Lake Khovsgol was once part of a much larger body of water called Lake Baikal. Over time, however, much of Lake Baikal dried up due to human activity and lake Khov
Things to Know About Traveling To Mongolia
1. Mongolia is a landlocked country in Central Asia.
2. The capital and largest city is Ulaanbaatar.
3. The official language is Mongolian, but English is also widely spoken.
4. Tourism is the mainstay of the economy, with visitors coming for its beautiful landscape, history and culture.
5. Weather in Mongolia can be extreme, with temperatures ranging from below zero to over 40 degrees Celsius all year round.
6. There are several visa requirements for foreigners visiting Mongolia including a valid passport and a visa application form available from authorized agencies or hotels.
How To Get Around in Mongolia
If you’re looking to travel to some of the most beautiful and diverse landscapes on Earth, Mongolia is definitely a destination you should consider. With its large areas of untouched wilderness and dense populations living in traditional nomadic herding communities, there’s something for everyone in this country.
Mongolia is well connected to the outside world with several airports that offer domestic and international flights. The largest airport in the country, Ulaanbaatar International Airport, is located in the capital city of Ulaanbaatar and offers regular flights to major destinations across Asia and Europe. Other smaller airports throughout the country also offer flights to various parts of the world.
One great way to see more of Mongolia than you would by flying or driving is by taking a bus tour. There are several companies that operate tours all throughout the country, providing passengers with an interesting insight into Mongolian culture and history. You can also hop on one of the many shared taxis that cruise around town or head out on your own wheels and explore the various attractions nearby without having to worry about booking accommodations beforehand.
Another popular way to travel throughout Mongolia is by train. Trains crisscross the country connecting major cities and towns, making it easy to get where you’re going without having to worry about too many transfers along the way. The main train station in Ulaanbaatar is well organized and provides helpful information about where each train
What to See in Mongolia
Mongolia is a vast country with stunning landscapes, rich history, and a variety of cultures. Here are five of the best places to travel to in Mongolia:
1. Khovd Province: Khovd Province is one of the most popular destinations in Mongolia because of its mountain ranges and lakes. The province is also home to the Khovd Lake National Park, which features dramatic landscapes and impressive waterfalls.
2. Erdenet Province: Erdenet Province is located in the north of Mongolia and is known for its sand dunes and red desert landscape. The province also has several nomadic herders’ camps, which can be visited by horseback ride or camel trekking.
3. Bayan-Ölgii Province: Bayan-Ölgii Province is famous for its high mountains, deep gorges, and rushing rivers. The province is also home to several wildlife sanctuaries, including The Mongolian Bear Preserve and The Uul Gobi Ecosystem Preserve.
4. Tari Basin: Tari Basin is one of the most iconic destinations in Mongolia because it contains some of the country’s most beautiful landscapes, including snow-capped mountains and vast deserts. The basin also has many archaeological sites, including Khotan Knots national park and Ölgii Bogd National Park.
5. Govi-Altai Region: Govi-Altai Region offers
Where to Stay in Mongolia
Mongolia is a vast country with a lot to offer travelers. There are many different places to stay in Mongolia, from luxurious resorts to charming guest houses and simple family-run lodges. This guide will help you find the perfect accommodation for your trip.
Some of the most popular destinations in Mongolia include the Gobi Desert, Khövsgöl Lake, Erdenet Monastery, Ulaanbaatar and Büren Monastery. Each location has something different to offer visitors, so it’s important to choose wisely.
If you’re looking for luxury resorts and five-star hotels, you’ll likely be disappointed in Mongolia. Instead, consider opting for guesthouses or lodges that offer more personalized service and a relaxed atmosphere.
These spots often have excellent views of nearby landscapes or attractions, making them ideal places to relax after a long day of exploring.
To find the best place to stay in Mongolia, start by doing some research online or at your favorite travel agency.
Once you’ve got your list of potential accommodations sorted out, take some time to explore each option before settling on anything. You won’t regret spending some time in this stunning country!
Mongolia is a country with so much to offer travelers that it can be hard to decide where to start. Whether you’re looking for stunning scenery, interesting history, or fascinating culture, there’s something for everyone in Mongolia.
If you’re wondering where the best places are to travel to Mongolia, read on for our top picks!